Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Julie Kirby-Hines - Project Coordinator

I’m excited for the opportunity to work with the Pop Wuj Community Development Projects. I have a passion for working with marginalized populations and find that immersion in cultures foreign to me is a valuable, humbling experience.
I’m currently finishing a Master's of Public Health through the Colorado School of Public Health. In addition to my educational pursuits in community health education, I bring a great deal of experience to my internship with Pop Wuj. I’ve served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Ethiopia (2008-2010), an AmeriCorps volunteer with the Boys & Girls Club and worked as a medical assistant in an under-served region of Colorado. In addition to the valuable experience that I am able to take back to my Colorado community, I hope to positively impact the lives of  Guatemalans through my contributions to the projects.