Monday, August 5, 2013

Caroline Yung - General Projects Coordinator, July 26, 2013


Hello!

My name is Caroline and I am the new General Projects Coordinator Intern for Pop Wuj.  In the midst of a one year sojourn, I arrived in Xela in June with the expectation of staying for a few weeks to study Spanish, but after hearing about the wonderful work done at Pop Wuj, I was thrilled to join the team.

I come to the organization with a Masters in Economics, as well as eight years of public policy experience at the Government of Canada at the Department of Health.  

Just starting my second week, I am thoroughly amazed by the quantity and quality of the services that Pop Wuj offers to Llanos del Pinal and several other communities in the Western Highlands.  In particular, I have a keen interest in the stove-building, nutrition and scholarship programs, which have immediate and long-lasting impacts on improving the health and social outcomes of families.